Thursday, December 30, 2010

Some Sabahans are plain snobbish.

I was on a plane from Manila to Kuala Lumpur on 30/12/10, and happened to sit down with two ladies - one with a small baby on her lap sitting at seat A. I was sitting at C while a woman, who looked like her sister was sitting at B. The two were talking malay and I knew that they were Sabahans. I was therefore more helpful to them to accommodate in the seats because both were XXL and also the other one having a baby in her arm. I was also speaking the Sabahan loghat in a hope that by that gesture we could feel more comfortable sitting as seatmates.
I was also telling them it is difficult to fly from Manila to Kota Kinabalu using MAS due to no direct flight. Flying from Manila to Kota Kinabalu will take a mere 2 hours if it is direct...but when you fly via Kuala Lumpur, it will take you minimum 8 hours if you can get the connection flight KL/KK early.
To my surprise they didn't even talk to me back and just gave the impression that I was not existing there.
I never know that there are Sabahans like that - all these while I've considered Sabahans (what more to say Kadazans) are friendly and not 'éxpensive' to give away a smile or at least talk to a fellow Sabahans especially in a foreign land.
'Bagus kalau cantik...ini gemuk macam apa!! Masuk tempat duduk kapal terbang pun susah.
Sombong bukan main...menyesal saya tolong angkat barang.

No comments:

Post a Comment