Thursday, January 14, 2010

1st time went up to KLCC Petronas TT

I woke up early morning on 11/1/2010 in my Concorde Hotel. Called my agent Velosi but no answer. Called Carigali Hess office for direction as to how to go up to their office at 68th floor of the once upon a time the highest building in the world. After the direction, I walked to KLCC, looked up and figured out how I would go to the 68th floor.
I am no stranger to KL because I know the city pretty well after living in it for 5 years, but of course never had gone up to the Petronas Twin Tower before. Hhmmm....adventure I thought.
So, first thing - get a temporary pass from the KLCC security, then another temporary pass from the Carigali Hess security guard. Having done that, went to the express lift that would take me from the mezzanine deck to 42th floor, then I transferred to another lift that would take me from 42th floor to 68th. This was where a screwed up started because this is where there are two lifts running in tandem but one stops at odd number floors and the other even number floors, and I didn't know that.
So when I was inside the lift (for odd number lift) I was frantically looking for the number 68th floor - I couldn't find it, so I just press 69 and would think that I just stop at floor 69 and would go by the staircases down to 68th floor.
So I did. I opened the fire door leading to the staircase and went down to 68th floor. But when I opened the door entering the 68th floor, it couldn't be opened because it was only designed to be opened from inside. I went back to 69th floor where I came from - the same story, the door couldn't be opened. So I was trapped in the staircases that had no exit at all. There was no emergency bell to press and knocking the doors for help was useless because the sound couldn't be possibly be heard by any one.
Lucky!!!!I had my mobile phone. I called the receptionist of Carigali Hess who allerted the KLCC security and organized rescue team for me.
Good experience, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment